A good consultation with a plastic or cosmetic surgeon in Nashville TN will help you learn about your surgical options. Getting the most out of your consultation can be as simple as being prepared and knowing the right questions to ask.
A good consultation with a Plastic or Cosmetic Surgeon in Nashville TN will help you learn about your surgical options and should put your mind at ease before you decide to have surgery. Getting the most out of your consultation can be as simple as being prepared and knowing the right questions to ask.
This checklist can help ensure that you get the most out of your consultation:
Before you leave home:
- Research your procedure ahead of time!
- If you’re looking into breast or body procedures, be sure to wear clothing and underwear that will make disrobing comfortable and practical.
- Write down any questions you have for the surgeon - this is HUGE!!
- Have your medical history information ready.
When you arrive at the office, look things over.
- Is the office clean, organized, and professional?
- Is the staff friendly, courteous, and happy to see you?
- Is the atmosphere warm and inviting?
- Do you like the people at the office? You'll be working closely with them for at least a few weeks!
While meeting with your surgeon, think about these things ...
- Does your surgeon make you feel welcome and at ease?
- Does he/she listen to your concerns and offer feedback?
- Does the surgeon understand your expectations?
- Does he/she help you understand your options?
Important questions to ask your surgeon:
- Am I a good candidate for my procedure of interest?
- How many years have you performed this procedure?
- What are the benefits?
- What are the risks?
- Are you board certified?
- Where will the surgery take place?
- What type of anesthesia is required for this procedure?
- Do you have hospital privileges for this procedure?
- What are the credentials of your surgical staff?
- How would you respond if an emergency were to occur during surgery?
During your examination, make mental notes:
- Is the doctor courteous and professional?
- Did the doctor seem to understand YOUR areas of concern?
- Has the doctor informed you of the available options for meeting your goals?
- Did the doctor describe how they would specifically tailor the procedure(s) for you?
- Has the doctor helped you understand what to expect before and after surgery?
- Do you feel confident moving forward with surgery?
There's a lot to think about when having a consultation for cosmetic surgery. Being as prepared as possible can help you get the most out of your consultation and surgery! Give us a call at (615) 431-3710 to schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Ingram at Ingram Cosmetic Surgery in Nashville TN today!